Monitored, Neutral, or Facilitated Exchange is when one or both parents or the court has required or desires that a third party be present and/or exchange the child for parenting time or visitation. Even those without court involvement that are experiencing conflict at times may choose a neutral location or person to do what is known as the handoff of the child. This ensures that the child has:
- Safe conflict free access to both parents for a child.
- The benefit of both parents without the conflict that sometimes arises in making sure the child has time with the other parent.
- It benefits parents to reduce some co-parenting stress while routines are established.
It is to Reduce:
- The use of family or friends, who are well meaning, will volunteer to help, but in my experience this leads to an unspoken bias.
- Tension between the parents who may have not interact well.
- Possible safety concerns.
Schedule Your Intake Now